Monday, November 11, 2019

Sk8r

Objective given to students was to alter yourself as a toy, placing yourself in a setting or environment that was unfamiliar. Growing up, I loved skateboarding and one of my favorite toys as a child was the Tech Deck. The Tech Deck is simply just a miniature skating deck, the brand on the opposite board side always showcases a legitimate, real-life brand. The board being authentic, just small. is what gave me inspiration for my project. Using the Adobe application, byway of photoshopping, editing/masking layers, etc., I executed my vision of creating myself as a prop for the tech deck. Minimizing myself, and going forth with an airbrushed or artificial look for myself really helped capture the idea of me being a toy, riding this toy skateboard. Since the Tech Deck can be used just about anywhere, all settings were foreign environments to me. So, I chose to appear riding or grinding along the window/ledge structure, with a beautiful tropical background. I can walk away admitting that conducting this project was actually quite fun, and I was happy to apply what I had learned.


1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite of project done by Zach. In fact, it was my favorite "Becoming a Toy" project in the entire class. His favorite toy growing up was the Tech Deck so he chose to put it in this project. He took a photo of himself that would look as if he was riding a skateboard. He edited the photo of himself by changing the size of the photo. By making himself appear smaller he was able to make the scale of his body and tech deck the same. I think my favorite part of this project is the tag brush of his logo. The tag brush was located on his shirt. The logo looks as it was the natural shirt design. Overall, there is nothing I would change about this project.

    ReplyDelete