Monday, October 21, 2019

Maception

In class, I was given the task to develop an image. Being instructed to take a picture of an object, said image would be implemented onto Illustrator where would it be manipulated and altered. Applying gradient mesh for vector shapes was the main objective. So from there, I thought of what object to work with. Through initial trials, I experimented with images of a mug and fruit for practice. Afterwords I realized it would not work for me. So, while staring into space trying to think, I notice my reflection. That is when I noticed the Mac, the Apple device right in front of me. That was when I decided to work on the very object that allows me to even conduct these assignments and pieces of work. I have always had a love for the company of Apple, and a main thing I admire is the beauty in the sculpting/design of their products. I see the Adobe applications as multi-purposeful. Not only they can be used recreationally, but they can help create visual concepts. Rather than messing around, using the task, I developed another color for the object. Through Illustrator, I made the model and base of the device black. Then with the gradient, I attempted to make smudges and reflections on the screen. Not only did this pay homage to how I came up with the idea (my reflection) but it adds a lifelike element to it and my roommate believed it was a real photograph at initial glance. Always room for improvement, but the project helped me understand the application better and I did enjoy this project. My classmate's works were excellent. It made me aspire to do something more complex. The mac gets the job and is simple, but plain.                                                                                                                                                                                                          





No comments:

Post a Comment