Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Gradient Me

After working with objects, it came time to apply the work and art of gradient mesh towards portraits. More specifically, of ourselves. The class and myself received the task of taking and/or choosing a picture of ourself and putting into into illustrator. There are different forms of portrait art, varying from punk, to maximalist, to minimalist, and so on. Amongst the styles, we had to choose one and go with that direction for our projects. Upon research, I decided to work on minimalist art. I liked the simplistic beauty in it, the vague facial details were interesting to me. After a couple hours, it came time to apply the gradient mesh. I experimented with different looks, not happy with how any of them turned out. I was happy with how it came out, with effects of the gradient displayed on the skin, as well as the hoodie. My favorite part is the detail of the gradient on the yankees logo. This project was time-consuming, but I enjoyed working on it. It is cool to see the final product. Also, the gradient on the clothes gives off an acid wash look almost, I thought that was interesting detail. 
 <--- Final product of self-portrait

 <--- Minimalist artwork inspiration 

1 comment:

  1. This self portrait was one of my favorites! It's simple yet detailed in aspects such as the gradient mesh and the logo on your hat. I think you successfully recreated your original image with regards to your inspiration. I also really like the contrast between yourself and the background.

    ReplyDelete